Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Day Off?

97 classes in 93 days!

No, I didn't take a day off today, but you'll see why I put that as the title of my post today. Last night, Joseph Encinia, 2009 National Asana Champion, taught our 5 PM class. He's touring around the world with Courtney Mace, the 2009 International Champion. He did a few demonstrations for us, including Scorpion, a crazy looking advanced posture. If you're not familiar, it's basically a handstand and then bending your legs down forward and resting your feet on your head! And he did it effortlessly.

Throughout class, he demonstrated a few of the "normal" postures for us as well, including a fantastic locust pose, with his legs 90 degrees straight up! He gave great suggestions and tips as well.

After class I was talking to him about different postures and I mentioned I've done 97 classes in 93 days and he laughed and said I should take a day off! Not until December...

Today I'll be checking out Dray's new studio in Red Rock and seeing Michelle. Should be fun!

Greg

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait! Miss taking Dray's class. It will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen pics of his postures...amazing! Have fun at class today guys!

    ReplyDelete