Sunday, December 6, 2009

Some of my Favorite People

123 classes in 118 days. Did the Friday 5 PM, Saturday 1 PM and Sunday 3 PM.

I'm not going to talk about my recent classes, other than to say my right leg is almost feeling normal again, and is now more flexible. Yay!

I want to talk about the yoga community in this blog. Last night, we had a holiday party at the Palms and a bunch of different yogis from different studios came. It was a lot of fun, as you can imagine. Pictures should be appearing soon on Bikramyogachick's blog. I know lots of different people in different walks of life, different groups, etc, but there's just something wonderful about people that practice this yoga. For one thing, they all have some high level of motivation. Who else would put themselves through a 90 minute torture chamber on a regular basis? They're kind, friendly and we generally all get along. How often do you see a big argument at a studio? It's probably pretty rare.

There's a certain confidence and calmness too. I'd love to see some demographic research about people who practice Bikram sometime, because I swear they're just smarter then your average group of people.

On a related note, the teachers from the Fall Teacher Training graduated on Saturday! So that's about 300 more teachers unleashed on the world. Awesome.

Greg

3 comments:

  1. "I'd love to see some demographic research about people who practice Bikram sometime, because I swear they're just smarter then your average group of people."
    all I have to say about that is....
    :)=
    Pics up soon, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smarter AND way cuter! heehee :) Taking your suggestion btw and asking out studio about the auto pay option. BYC...no pressure or anything but ummmmm....pics please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, smarter and more determined :) Want to see pics too!!

    ReplyDelete