Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moaning and Groaning

181 classes in 176 days.
34 classes in 33 days in the 101 challenge.

Yesterday was hot in the room, real hot. The humidity got over 70%, which is a lot even by my studio's standards. In the past this has caused me a lot of problems, but last night it was totally fine. Not just fine, but I actually had a really good class. It's funny, because I was even thinking to myself, "Wow, it's way too humid in here.", but it was more of just a casual observation rather than freaking out. That's more than I can say for many of the other people in the room. Lots of moaning and groaning. I was happy that Sheri (the teacher) pointed out to everyone to breathe correctly, as moaning and groaning is the most obvious sign of incorrect breathing, although it is kind of funny to listen to sometimes:)

Greg

3 comments:

  1. You've been going so much that you're turning into super yogi. Somebody who is made out of steel and doesn't notice the CRAZY (70 percent!?!?!) humidity. Next you'll grow gills so you can breathe in water, because your studio's air will turn to drops of water next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, 70% sounds crazy doesn't it. There was actually steam all over the room during the floor series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I don't think I've ever practiced with 70% humidity. Not sure I could breath well. I love my room very very hot but anything above 50% humidity will probably kill me :(

    ReplyDelete