Monday, March 15, 2010

A Fun Yoga Weekend

226 classes in 216 days
79 classes in 73 days in the 101 challenge.

Had a whole lot of yoga over the weekend, starting on Thursday. I did a back to back double on Thursday night and then another back to back double on Friday night. This is my first time I've done back to back doubles on consecutive days. I was quite dead after the second double on Friday night. I slept for about 9 hours after that, which is rare for me. Amazingly, the Saturday morning class the next day went well, and so did the Sunday morning class. I thought I would be wiped out, but I was pleasantly surprised. So to re-cap, the following were the first time for me:

Doubles on two two consecutive days.
Back to back doubles on a Friday.
3 classes in 24 hours (Friday 5 PM, 7 PM and Saturday 11 AM).
5 classes in less than 48 hours.

Then on Saturday night Green Valley had a party. There was no special occasion, we just like having parties. It's always fun to see your fellow yogis wearing actual clothing. It was a lot of fun.

On Sunday morning, after much pleading by one of my favorite teachers (Marie), I went to her class at the new West Side studio. They opened up yesterday, and were formerly the Red Rock studio. They have new owners now and the classes the first week are free! So I went to the 11 AM class. It's great. You have a nice view of the mountains outside when you do backbends! This studio has "taken" a few of my favorite teachers from Green Valley, so I'm sure I'll be visiting when I can, but I'm always for more and more studios, so it's definitely a good thing!

Greg

2 comments:

  1. Wow, back to back doubles. You are crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to hang with ya at the yoga party! Dray KILLED us at the 1pm Sunday at Westside. Oleg was supposed to teach, but decided to take instead, so Dray graciously filled in and rocked the house!

    ReplyDelete