251 classes in 241 days.
104 classes in 98 days in the 101 challenge.
A new challenge has begun, just a few days ago. It's a special challenge that happens once a year, starts in the Spring and ends in the fall. It involves the following:
- 162 days of dedication, day in and day out.
- Lots of time spent in a really hot environment.
- Intense focus each and every day.
- Perfection is the goal, but rarely attained.
- More mental toughness than physical toughness is required to make it through.
- Attention to detail is a must for success.
- You don't have to be super athletic to be successful, but you have to care and focus to get real benefits from it.
- There are definite rules of etiquette which should be followed to make everyone happy.
Oh, did you think I was talking about another Bikram Yoga challenge? Nah, I'm talking about baseball. The season started a few days ago, and Opening Day happened to coincide with my 101st class in the 101 challenge. Baseball is actually very similar to Bikram Yoga for all of the reasons listed above. Anyone who thinks baseball is easy mentally or physically has never tried it much. Playing the game for three hours every day may look easy, but it takes a lot of mental and physical strength to do it, just like Bikram Yoga.