Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hamstrings of Steel

I'm typing this during halftime of the Lakers game, which I'm watching on TV. I'm thrilled the NBA season is finally back. I know a lot of people don't get interested in basketball until the playoffs, but I watch any Lakers or Cavs games that are on during the season. I'm really excited about this season, especially since football has been rather boring so far.

So now I'm at 82 Bikram classes in 78 days. Today was interesting. For whatever reason, my hamstrings were very tight, like steel. This is not a good thing when you're trying to stretch and bend in various directions. My mind was all over the place during class, which is unusual. I was thinking about everything from my car to some Jay-Z songs. On the one hand, maybe that's not the best focus, but on the other hand, I wasn't too worried about the postures, and was doing them with relative grace and control. Except for some of the balancing series, where my hamstrings made things interesting.

Technically, I'm near the end of a 30 day challenge at my studio. Three days left and I'll be done. Of course, I keep track of the bigger picture, but this is a nice little game. It looks like maybe 10 other people will complete the challenge. One of them, who I really like, seems to have disappeared the past few days. Hopefully, she comes back soon.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment