Thursday, November 11, 2010

Look up Towards the Ceiling

467 classes (11 advanced) in 453 days.

"Look up towards the ceiling", "Eyes focused on your own eyes in the mirror", "Throat choked, eyes open, breathing normal." Just a few of the times in the dialogue when "look" or "eyes" are mentioned. I never thought much of this, it's just part of the dialogue, right?

I often got annoyed during the spine strengthening series about the dialogue to look up towards the ceiling, there's so much going on, why do I have to worry about my eyes? Well it turns out there's some benefits to all of those instructions about the eyes.

I recently went to the eye doctor for the first time since I started Bikram yoga about a year and a half ago. I was just getting a normal check-up and prescription updated. During the examination the doctor got quite confused at one point and finally told me that my astigmatism improved.
He said that kind of thing just didn't happen. He had to change my prescription to fit the improvement. Of course, I immediately thought of the dialogue and all the times we are told to do things with our eyes. Those little details matter and in this case, produced a very noticeable improvement in my body.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment