Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Addicted to Advanced

488 classes (13 advanced) in 472 days.

Well, I figured this would happen eventually. I’ve been doing advanced class once a week almost every week since August. This is of course in addition to the normal class I take every day. I take advanced on Sundays, as that’s the only class I can make due to my work schedule. This past Sunday unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it. I had a little eye infection which would have made advanced nearly impossible. Anyways, my eye is ok now, but yesterday my body felt awful all day, sluggish, muscles tight, etc. As if that wasn’t bad enough, class last night was pretty terrible by my standards. I was out of it, felt really stiff and had a (relatively) hard time.

As this was happening in class last night I kept thinking, “What is going on?!”, but then I realized the problem – I didn’t take advanced on Sunday. You know how you get to a point where your body is addicted to the normal class? Apparently the same thing has now happened to me with advanced. My body now expects it every Sunday and if it doesn’t happen, you get the results from yesterday. You would think that the “rest” from not doing advanced would be a relief to my body, but it’s quite the opposite. It throws it off, gets me off my rhythm.

I know from talking to many people that everyone is different when it comes to taking a day off or not. Some people really benefit from taking regular days off, whereas I don’t. It’s the main reason for my “streak” of classes, it just doesn’t feel good when I take days off, and now that’s spilled over into advanced! There are certainly far worse things to be addicted to, so I guess I can’t complain too much.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment